Doing a search of my full name on Google, yielded 88,600,000 results. On the front page, most of those were from sites such as lookupanyone.com that (I assume) uses public information garnered from posted information in telephone "books", or other freely available sources. Others were clearly not me, as I don't think I was born in 1918. Otherwise, I'm really looking darn good for my age! Going several pages into the search, it also did not have many hits that were actually me.
Putting my name into quotation marks yielded just 10 results, all of which were me and from 4 different websites: intelius.com, lookupanyone.com, publicrecords.com and reunion.com. Again, all information garnered from even pre-internet information. However, I do not typically use my full name, so the few amount of hits was not all that surprising.
I went ahead and put my typical name in quotes and searched on that. It came back with 10 "personal hits" and 12,800 other hits. The "personal hits" included images I had posted to Google+, viewable only to me (or so it says), and 2 website hits, both from Google+. Of the "other" hits, there were 0 that were actually me within the first 3 pages. I was only surprised my Facebook account wasn't shown.
No comments:
Post a Comment